Cayo Activities 5/11/16 - 5/15/16 p1

Zip-Lining and Cave Tubing



About a half-drive from the resort, Caves Branch had both zip-lining and cave tubing. Zip-lining was like going for a ride at an amusement park. I had first done it in Costa Rica about 15 years ago and things haven't changed all that much. There were about 7 separate legs and, once I got over my fear, looking at the views below was absolutely stunning.

Tour Guide and new friend, Abi








Next up was cave tubing. It was about a half hour hike to get to the cave and we had to cross the river three times. It wasn't quite what I expected, probably because it was still the dry season. At times, the water was only a few inches deep. It was also bad timing on our part. Passengers from a cruise ship arrived about the same time as us and it was crowded. I believe the cruise ships dock twice a week in Belize near the former capital, Belize City. The cave was huge (no Mayan ruins though) and a real trip. The photos below are from the entrance to the cave. I haven't mastered taking photos in a dark cave... hey, we needed flashlights to see in the cave! 







No comments:

Post a Comment