San Pedro Activities 5/15/16 - 5/19/16 p3

I went on a bike ride on my last full day in Belize before returning home. I traveled up north out of San Pedro until the paved road ended, about 5 miles. The ride was breathtaking and exhilarating. Starting about a mile out of San Pedro proper, the houses and people grew less and less. The last couple of miles, I was seeming alone with the ocean on one side and ponds on the other. The scenery was magnificent. An idyllic ride. That is, until the crocodile non-adventure! There was a resting spot in front of the beautiful pond and decided to stop.

Idyllic rest stop?
I lied down on the bench enjoying the hot breezy day. I guess after about 5 minutes, I opened my eyes and noticed my expensive sunglasses were missing. Dang, the wind must have blown them in the water. The water looked safe enough and was only about 2' deep. So I waddled in and walked. I kept walking because the glasses were probably far away due to the current. I was probably 100 yards out when a golf cart pulled up. The two guys started screaming something or other frantically and waving their arms for me to come in. At the time, I thought I was trespassing and took my time returning. I'll never forget what one of the guys said. "Are you out of your mind? There are crocodiles in there!"

I didn't find my glasses.







No comments:

Post a Comment